- In 2012-13 the project held the following meetings in which the Project and the historiography on the language of democracy and on associated prctices in the country were discussed. The Paris and New York meetings book-ended these discussions with more of a fcus on the Region.
- Paris: September 2012
- Pisa: December 2012
- Athens: January 2013
- Madrid: March 2013
- Lisbon: April 2013
- New York: September 2013
In the Academic year 2013-14 the second-round project meetings were focused on language and practice in relation to democracy focused on each country’s experience, and with presentations of their related work from a varliety of country experts:
- Pisa: 16-17 December 2013
- Athens 9-10 2014
- Lisbon 24-25 March 2014
- Madrid April 10-11 2014
- Paris 3-5 September 2014
In 2014-15, the third year of the project, the meetings focused on detailed discussions of papers directly related to and contributing to the final collection:
- Oxford 25-6 September 2014 (Papers on Greece, the Ottoman world, Spain, Porugal and Italy; State-building, the Armed Forces, Consent and Legitimacy, Secret Societies, Liberalism, Religion, and the Social Order.
- Athens 6-7 March 2015 Church, Army and Democracy
- Lisbon 20-21 April 2015 Politics and the Political (background papers 1 Programme, Politics and the Political , 3 Politics, 4 Britain).
- Madrid 3-4 July 2015
- Oxford 24-25 September 2015 : Reviewing the Introduction, counbtry chapters, the social order, Liberalism, International democratic culture, the church and religion, armed force, popular consent
- Pisa 17-18 December 2015 The international context